If you’re here, you want to know more about me. Only problem is, I don’t really like talking about me. So, I’ll just give you the basic rundown, and maybe someday I’ll have some friends give me quotes to put on this page, so that it seems a bit more like you’re getting to know me, and not just reading my ‘about’ page…
- I recently was awarded my Master of Communication in Digital Media program at the University of Washington. I’m head-over-heels with this program–it’s truly amazing! Network theory, social media, law, coding, filmmaking, and mobile devices. Everything’s there, all wrapped up in one big ball of awesome goodness.
- Until my recent full-time stint at the U, I was a professional performer. Acting, singing, dancing–the works. I still perform when I have time, but time is a strictly limited resource in my little world right now.
- I am the first Program Coordinator for the new MCDM Fellows program, which is really exciting!
- I have recently (thanks to the MCDM) become obsessed with “transmedia storytelling.” I see it as the direction that media production is rapidly headed.
- I am an inveterate geek. I actually *like* writing code. It’s meditative…
About the blog
Much like an avalanche, the digital revolution is unstoppable. Logistikat.com is an open, curated discussion about how Seattle independent filmmakers can learn from, and take advantage of, the opportunities that this new digital media landscape provides. From first script drafts to transmedia release models, I hope to spark debate on best practices for new media content production at all stages, focusing on how to get the best results with micro-budgets and limited local staffing.